Friday, March 13, 2015

A story from a past student

Story from Justin Jang who was in Ap art class.

I'm currently going to USC as an art major student, and I was part of AP Art class of BHS on my junior and senior year of high school. First of all, I would say AP Art class was one of the most precious memory of my high school life with two perspective: the subject itself and the class atmosphere. Talking about subject matter, AP Art was something irreplaceable in my study career of high school year, where I got to be expressive with my ideas, get tons of visual inspirations, and free myself from taking notes and figuring out what is xyz. On the other hand, AP Art class was different from other classes, as Milo, our forever AP Art teacher of BHS, stressed enough about how AP Art classmates should be a team instead of individual students who just take the class and goes. As a team, there were lots of conversation going on in the class, such as what they have ate yesterday, to a somewhat more constructive criticisms or thoughts about their art works. And the class was powerful enough to draw myself into the art world, and jump in to the college to study art a step further with great memories, inspirations, and skills that I learned from AP Art. I recently heard that there was a budget cut in belmont that they are cutting lots of classes. It is really unfortunate that it happened, but I really hope the class survives. It would be disaster if BHS don't have AP Art class.

No comments:

Post a Comment